What we are looking for
You are a software engineer with few years of experience that is not just looking for a next step but seeking an exciting challenge to really influence a company, change a market and develop yourself. For our future growth, we are looking for software engineers that can help us build the tools that shape and grow our business and our team. You will (initially) be based out of our Amsterdam office, where you will help us develop & refine the tools that make a difference for our clients. As a software engineer, you may also be asked to travel up to 4 days a week to our clients to provide unbiased objective advisory and implementation services. As such the job is demanding, exciting and rewarding.
While the initial focus of many of our clients is to implement a portfolio management solution for alternative investments, our reach stretches beyond that meaning you have the opportunity to become an all-round engineer or move into consultancy. In our growing business, there is also plenty of opportunity to specialize and grow further in areas that have your interest. You will be asked to contribute to Thought Leadership and leverage your up to date skills and knowledge to enable cohesive delivery of strategic solutions.
This vacancy is available for people (already) living in the Amsterdam Area. As we are expanding we will have opportunities at other locations. Please follow us on LinkedIn to make sure you are informed on future job opportunities and our international expansion.
You have completed a relevant bachelor or master degree (e.g. Computer Science, Information Science, or Software Engineering)
You possess the following key skills:Experience with SQL is a must
- Experience in one or more reporting tools, like SSRS, Power BI, QlikView, Tableau, etc.
- Commercial awareness
- Good numerical skills
- Attention to detail
- Analytical skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Tact and persuasive ability
- Team working skills
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills, preferably also in one other language (French, Dutch or other)
You will have at least 1-5 years of relevant working experience or affinity with most of the following:
- Designing and building reports with one or more of the above-mentioned reporting tools. The ability to create intuitive and effective reports that perfectly matches the information requirements
- Financial services experience, preferably in asset management, wealth management, pensions or investments. Especially relevant is experience in alternative investment, such as Private Equity, real-estate or infrastructure
- Familiarity with Finance enabling technologies, specifically portfolio management and administration tooling experience.
- Consulting, advisory, change or project experience is a bonus
- Most importantly you have a drive to excel, a passion to make a difference and an entrepreneurial flair to create
- You will also fit in with our culture and environment which is committed, hardworking, ambitious, supportive and fun. You will be collaborative and able to work in our small diverse team and sufficiently independent to work autonomously when required
What we offer
We offer a variety of opportunities for you to grow in our start-up environment and help us define, shape and grow the business. We truly believe our greatest asset is our people, so we strive to provide a challenging, interesting and supportive working environment in which you can develop as fast as your ambitions, goals and achievements allow. We are also committed to keep all our people trained and skilled in order to offer our clients the latest insights into product and market developments.
All our consultants will receive within the package:
- An exciting and international work environment where you will be part of a successful and growing team, which you can help shape
- Great opportunities to develop and grow in line with your ambitions and being a part of our journey to conquer the market place with our unique offerings
- Excellent and flexible remuneration and flexible pay-out
- A laptop and mobile phone
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are truly committed to employ the most talented individuals who are selected entirely on their skills and ability to get the job done. We are looking for people with great soft skills possessing the right level of business or technical qualifications.
Send us an e-mail with your motivation and résumé.